We might be in lockdown till June

Anything you want to get off your chest / discuss
Iloveskin2skin

We might be in lockdown till June

Post by Iloveskin2skin » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 am

Hi gents. According to the daily mail we could be in lockdown till June and also we may have to practise social isolation till October.....What are we gonna do now?!

Also the Prime Minister is also considering scrapping the deal with Huawei and has also stated that China may become a pariah over their handling over the coronavirus. Any opinions on this chaps if we should hold China responsible for causing this outbreak.
Oxford Flyboy

Re: We might be in lockdown till June

Post by Oxford Flyboy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:31 am

Does anyone believe anything that rag prints?
MarkTurner

Post by MarkTurner » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:38 am

It's in the DM so it must be true, haha!
YorkshireBB

Post by YorkshireBB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:27 pm

The fucking Daily Mail - read by idiots, moderate right wingers and people that are happy to be manipulated by the media. Seems like we now need all those horrible EE and foreign people the Mail wanted us to get rid of, that were the backbone of the decimated NHS :roll:
CPbare1

Post by CPbare1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:29 pm

not sure they can keep up controls that long. It works now because people are being obedient. But I imagine many will get impatient and think 'fuck it'

The risk to the economy of an extended lockdown is massive. The impact on government borrowing, and also on business will be massive. I really dont know how many businesses will survive 3 week, never mind 3 months. The ability of the government to balance its books then will be severely compromised (low tax receipts and high spending due to unemployment). The ability to raise taxes will be restricted by the laffer curve. (Increasing tax doesnt always result in increased revenue, because people work less, take more avoidance measures, etc)

There is also a risk in the the NHS has become the national coronavirus service. Many people are being denied the treatment and care they need as resources are diverted to the virus. That may result in more deaths than from COVID-19

Lastly, risk of locking people up in their houses. their mental and physical health must deteriorate. And too many where i live are taking it very literally - some I hardly see - people who used to be out and about. Big risk of degeneration in cardiovascular if people dont exercise, and big risk of Vitamin d deficiency if people dont get out in daylight. A good cardiovascular and a healthy vit D level help resist Covod-19. And corona viruses are killed by UV.

I know going against the 'consensus' may be unpopular, but I think we should all question every imposition on our freedoms, our businesses, our health. If government has a sound reason for their measures then all is OK. if not, then they should rescind them.
CPbare1

Post by CPbare1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:30 pm

YorkshireBB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:27 pm
The fucking Daily Mail - read by idiots, moderate right wingers and people that are happy to be manipulated by the media. Seems like we now need all those horrible EE and foreign people the Mail wanted us to get rid of, that were the backbone of the decimated NHS :roll:
Dunno why you pick on the mail. all the MSM are as bad. Ignore the fucking lot of them.
YorkshireBB

Post by YorkshireBB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Spoken like a true DM reader.
CPbare1

Post by CPbare1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:33 pm

YorkshireBB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:30 pm
Spoken like a true DM reader.
So the DM is no worse than the piers morgan desperate rants on TV?
Really?

All our press are in the gutter

no investigations, just bollocks.
YorkshireBB

Post by YorkshireBB » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:35 pm

Anyone that watches Morgan just needs shooting .. extreme I know, but best for mankind.
CPbare1

Post by CPbare1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:38 pm

YorkshireBB wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:35 pm
Anyone that watches Morgan just needs shooting .. extreme I know, but best for mankind.
I never put TV on till at last 19:30. Dont need the bollocks.
Usually watch old stuff on ITV3, and drama

Return to “Banter”